Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hugger Mugger Deluxe Wool Yoga Blanket


... I don't think I've ever given less than a 3 on any review. This blanket had a chemical stench that was probably left by some chemical that's banned from use in the US. It smelled something like formaldehyde. It just cut through the mind. The smell was so bad that I had to put it outside in the back of the truck until I got it to the dump. I didn't want to wash it and get whatever was on it in my washing machine or in the septic system. A blanket like that is no good to me. I can't believe anyone else would use it, especially for what's supposed to be a spiritual and uplifting exercise.

I bought a Manduka mat and it smelled, but this blanket was much worse. I understand the manufacturing process may result in a slight odor, but there has got to be a better way than this. The only thing I can understand is that the absolute cheapest and most toxic chemical was used to prevent insect damage of the wool and provide the absolute maximum shelf life. Yep, I'm not happy about it. I've owned a lot of wool blankets and I know they didn't smell like that, or seem so cheaply made and thin.

Sorry, but it was that bad. ...
Check Amazon Price and Read More Reviews on Hugger Mugger Deluxe Wool Yoga Blanket

Labels