Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hugger Mugger Cotton Yoga Rug (Sunshine)


... I've been using this Yoga rug for a few weeks. I love the fact that it's 100% cotton and I love the size; I use it on top of my Yoga mat and it's a couple of inches longer and wider than the mat, which is perfect. Being 6'1, this gives me just enough room that I can stretch out in Shavasana and still keep my head and feet on the rug. I also like the additional cushioning the rug on top of the mat gives me. I purchased this rug because my hands and feet would slip on my mat once I built up a sweat. As other reviews have pointed out, this rug is slippery when dry. I've found that I need to fold back the top and bottom one-third until I build up a sweat, then I fold them out. I like the Sunshine colors, so I've washed the rug in cold water on a gentle cycle with a product designed to prevent colors from fading, and then hang-dried it. So far it has laundered fine. I guess my only slightly negative comment would be that this rug is a little heavy to carry back and forth to class. But you really wouldn't want it any lighter and still stay in place during your practice. The Yogitoes skidless towel would be another product to consider; it's lightweight but far more expensive than the Hugger Mugger rug, and would not offer the additional cushioning. ...
Check Amazon Price and Read More Reviews on Hugger Mugger Cotton Yoga Rug (Sunshine)

Labels